First impressions matter. While curb appeal is typically addressed when buying or selling a home, many homeowners find joy in a home that looks good inside — and outside. From the landscaping to exterior elements like the windows & entry doors, siding & exterior paint, and roofing. There are many ways to boost your home’s curb appeal.
Whether you are selling or are ready to give your home a fresh look, consider the top four ways to improve curb appeal:
1. Update Your Home Siding
New siding is one of the most affordable, significant ways to improve curb appeal. Choosing the right style of siding for your home is a personal choice and includes a range of factors from color and material to efficiency and durability. That’s why it is essential to work with the siding installation team at Red River Roofing, Siding & Windows that offers an extensive choice of affordable home siding brands and products to meet your budget and design needs:
- Engineered wood siding offers the beauty and simplicity of wood without the expensive price tag and durability issues. While real wood siding can be costly, engineered wood will cost you a fraction of the price. Plus, there are a range of siding styles, sizes and colors available that can meet your curb appeal needs and your budget. You can mix and match colors, install both vertical and horizontal siding or shingles and shake types for a unique home design look and fully customize your home’s exterior.
- Vinyl siding is also a good option for homeowners seeking a cost effective, low maintenance and energy efficient siding system. The top vinyl siding options provide exceptional durability, plus a wide spectrum of fade-resistant colors and maintenance-free design options including classic clapboard, shiplap, beaded, shakes or shingle profiles in many styles, widths, and textures.
- Fiber cement siding withstands weather elements, is fire resistant and retains its vibrant color for many years. It also has extensive curb appeal, is resistant to rotting and warping and is a smart choice for homes in tornado-prone regions such as Oklahoma.
2. Replace Your Windows
In addition to being unattractive, old windows cause many issues inside and outside your home. When considering replacement windows as part of enhancing your home’s curb appeal, it is important to identify your needs beyond design, such as the energy efficiency and budget requirements.
Shopping for the perfect window style that reflects your design vision and meets your budget is an exciting part of the replacement window experience. Windows styles can range from classic to modern or elegant, with plenty of creative options including interior and exterior color schemes, plus various shapes and sizes that enhance the inside and outside of your home. In fact, in many cases the existing or current style of your window openings can be changed to one of the following:
- Double Hung Windows are affordable and energy-efficient, offering a classic look traditionally found in in Victorian, Craftsman and Colonial architecture but will fit any style.
- Single Hung Windows are a classic, affordable option with a lower sash that opens into the home. They are an ideal option for narrow indoor and outdoor window spaces.
- Awning Windows are hinged at the top and open fully outward using a crank-style handle. They can provide maximum ventilation and natural light for bathrooms, kitchens and other rooms that inherently benefit from extra light and fresh air.
- Bay Windows bring an elegant aesthetic upgrade to any home, automatically adding natural light and enhancing your views of the outdoors. Plus, the outward design adds dimension and space as well as a sophisticated style that elevates the interior and exterior space.
- Bow Windows provide a classic, elegant circular shape that opens up views of the great outdoors. This look enhances the beauty of both traditional and modern home designs.
- Casement Windows are similar to awning windows but are hinged at the sides and open outward, to the left or right. They are known for energy efficiency, with low air leakage rates.
- Garden Windows are an ideal way to brighten and enhance your kitchen and add a unique accent to your home’s exterior.
- Geometric Windows offer a distinct, contemporary look that is easily customizable to any home. With sophisticated accents and extensive light production, geometric windows add inherent taste and personal style to the interior and exterior of any home.
- Picture Windows, the most energy-efficient style available, provide strong curb appeal, boundless natural light and majestic unobstructed views.
- Sliding Windows are simple and durable, gliding horizontally from side to side. An often-overlooked window style, in addition to ease of use, unobstructed views and long-term viability, sliding windows offer a ventilation option for larger window spaces.
When you are ready to start window shopping, be sure to work with and experienced, trusted team of local installation experts at Red River Roofing, Siding & Windows to ensure your new replacement windows reflect your ideal home and fit your budget.
3. Upgrade Your Front Door
The right entry door provides an instant positive first impression and greatly enhances your home’s overall curb appeal. Whatever style you are looking for, there are limitless affordable newest technology highly sustainable fiberglass options for a front door that will fit your desired color, shape and size. You will also find that fiberglass doors are maintenance free.
If you are looking for the most affordable, efficient and customizable door option, fiberglass front doors are the best option. They are weather resistant, secure, and modern, plus they can match any size, color, or design of your choice. Because fiberglass doors are manufactured from a composite material, they offer you a vast range of options when it comes to shape and finish. You can order custom fiberglass doors to easily fit any entryway, and you can choose from traditional flat finishes or opt for a finish that mimics the look of wood with a fine grain and a stained finish, or you can choose practically any color you want. Visit our showroom at Red River Roofing, Siding & Windows to discover more options.
4. Refresh Your Roof
As a primary feature of your home’s exterior, your roof is a major factor in the overall appearance and curb appeal of your home. While the roof brings additional character and depth to the curb appeal of your home, it also serves to protect your most valuable assets. Depending on the type of roof, the age of the roof, and the current condition of your roof including any damages, a thorough free inspection from a licensed, experienced roofing contractor like Red River will help you determine whether replacement is immediately needed or if some simple cosmetic fixes are more appropriate.
For an aesthetically pleasing, affordable and protective roof the best option is a Class 4 Impact Resistant Roof. This roof comes in a wide variety of colors, textures, and designs to complement almost any home’s style. It is also durable, energy efficient, low maintenance and has a long lifespan.
Ready for a Curb Appeal Upgrade?
Whether you are ready for new siding, windows, doors, or roof updates, hire the Local Pros’ team at Red River to work with highly trained Oklahoma experts that can provide a free consultation to assess and advise on the best option for creating the curb appeal best for you and your budget.
We also have a range of special offers on everything you need to enhance your home’s exterior.
Plus, Hire the Local Red River Pros offers diverse financing options and specials to help you start your project as soon as possible. We also provide up-front, transparent quotes for each project – no hidden fees, no gimmicks, or tricks. Learn how you can get pre-qualified online now for a home improvement loan.
Proudly Oklahoma-owned and operated, Red River Roofing, Siding & Windows has helped more than 17,000 Oklahoma property owners realize their curb appeal dreams for more than 22 years. Plus, our trusted siding, window, and roofing experts earn advanced certified training and education to provide industry-leading style and efficiency recommendations, products, installations, and customer care. That’s why our teams at Red River have earned a statewide reputation for trusted guidance and professional service.
Reach out to our expert consultation and installation team at 405-330-0025
or visit RedRiverOKlahoma.com to start your curb appeal project.